Thursday, December 4, 2008

Holiday Coke bottle

So the holiday cokes are back! Last year at this time I was trying to buy as many of the ornament shaped coke bottles I could because I was working at a preschool. It was a quick and easy gift that one year olds could make almost all by themselves. Here is a picture of our finished product.Here are the really simple steps to make this...
1. Drink the coke
2. rinse the bottle
3. add glitter and paint and put the top back on (white paint look really good with colored glitter)
4. Shake (thats where the kids came in) help them if it does completely cover the bottle
5. take tops off and let them dry
6. Write names of whatever on the outside with Sharpe
7. cut a hole in the cap and string ribbon through (wipe paint off top before hand)
8. Enjoy!

Tempera paint works well, not sure how others would work, but we have had ours for a year now and it hasn't pealed off or anything. Anyway, it just reminded me we have to make our ornament for this year. I'm not as creative this year since I'm not working at the preschool. Oh well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool! thank you for sharing! Love your background image, very pretty.