Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Is it really tuesday, because it feels like monday!

Yesterday, I worked a whopping 12 hours, with setting up my room for next week and a staff meeting. Needless to say, today I am not on my A game. To top it off, we are beginning to try to follow the ITERS procedure for proper diaper changing, I think I counted 18 steps... I remember going over it in NO but it is strange to really try to put it in motion. With move up next week, and rooms changing this week, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. The children can feel it too, at least that is what I am telling my self to excuse the crankiness and aggression. I am ready for the day to be over, sadly it is only lunch time, and about time for me to go back. Please pray that I will be sane when handling the children, and that I won't miss Joe too much. Please pray that in the midst of all this God will be glorified in and through me.

2 comments:

Joy said...

What is the ITERS procedure? I haven't heard of that one... [or at least by that name]

Ana Louise said...

It is part of the Quality Rating System. Infant Toddler Environmental Rating Scale (ITERS). Anyway, here we go. 1. Prepare items for change (place wipes on a clean surface outside of container, diaper as well, and if needed squirt/wipe diaper cream on a clean paper towel.) 2.put on gloves and get child 3. remove clothing 4. remove diaper 5. clean child with wipe(s) 6. wrap dirty diaper and wipes in gloves 7. throw away in a hands free trash can 8. Use a wipe to clean your hands 9. Use a wipe to clean child's hands 10. put clean diaper on child (if needed use paper towel to apply cream) 11.Redress child 12. wash child's hands 13. place child back in room with out touching anything else 14. clean changing table with soap solution 15 spray bleach solution 16 wash you hands (following proper handwashing)17. wipe table or leave to air dry if not changing another child immediately following

It sounds crazy but putting it in to practice it gets easier. I'd only follow this if your center is being rated in the QRS system