Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cranberry Juice and Birthday Celebration


This week started off pretty rough. This kids were crazy at work, and Wednesday I woke up with a pain in my side... You've got it, another kidney stone. I took some meds and went back to bed. Later that evening when I was talking to my mom she suggested cranberry juice, which I asked Joe if he could pick up for me... the above picture is what I woke up to the next morning... plus two more in the fridge. Sadly, I later looked up the benefits of cranberry juice on Kidney stones, and there aren't any. There have actually been studies that say that drinking too much can cause kidney stones... so I will drink in moderation, and I guess Joe will drink the rest ;)
Anyway, The rest of the week was rough, but got better as I was able to celebrate with the amazing man above. Yesterday was Joe's birthday! We celebrated yesterday with a fish fry with friends. We also tried out the new reeses ice cream cake from DQ, which was delicious. Today we went out to eat at the fish house in the Bass Pro Shop, but neither of us had fish. Joe had a buffalo burger, and I had a cajun chicken pasta dish. We stuck around a few extra min after we finished to see the fish feeding, and then headed off to dogwood.
This is what I "surprised" Joe with last night, and below he is showing off his gift he picked out today. Yup it is the same watch Chuck wears, without the communication device. His watch died early this morning... perfect timing to get an awesome watch that just so happened to be at Sams. It is solar powered, and it updates by the atomic clock. There are many other very nerdy features but I can't remember them all. Needless to say he was very excited.
In other news, this semester is killing me. I'm trying not to stress out but I really do feel I am doing things very halfheartedly. I know I need to manage my time better, but I really like being able to relax a bit during the week. I'm not sure if I am really going to be able to keep running normally right now, with everything else going on. Anyway that is what is going on in my neck of the woods. Enjoying the weekend.

No comments: