Sunday, February 1, 2009

Some things I have been thinking about

This morning we visited Pinelake's Clinton campus, and for the first time in a while I felt challenged by a church. It was a breath of fresh air not to feel a doctrinal agenda guiding the service and message. I didn't feel like I was in a "baptist" church but more just a christian church. Anyway the message today was on prayer and truly praying for God's hand and glory from what we are praying. The challenge was to pray everyday for the month of Feb. about something specific (that pleases God, and is for his glory, not just because we want it), at least five min everyday. While the Lord's pray was used as a guideline of how to pray, it was brought down to the simpicity of the purpose behind it, to focus the prayer on God, giving glory to him, and submitting the outcome to be not mainly for my pleasure and gain but to be inline with God's will and purpose. So as of today I am going to stop focusing my prayers on getting a job. My prayer for this month is that God with show me what he wants my daily purpose to be. I undterstand that daily my life should glorify God, but in what way should that manifest itself. I am blessed that he is giving me this time in my life to seek him in this.

No comments: