Thursday, February 26, 2009

I love my job

I know I have only been there a little over a week but I love my job. It is amazing how much some things just come back to me, and the set up of a center makes things easier. I have worked as a sub in only three rooms but I love the room I have worked in most... one year olds! I don't know what it is about one year olds but I love working with them. Next week I probably won't be in that room unless something changes, but I'm getting attached to the kids. Then again, I didn't think I would be in that room much this week... so who knows.

This past sunday the sermon was about being involved in the church body and using your gifts for more than just making money... so there I was trying to think about what my gifts were. I love music and singing, but there are many others who are much better than I am. Then I thought about when I do the most singing, with kids of course! Then the part about using your gift for more than just making money hit, I love working with preschoolers, and the purest singing I do to share is with preschoolers. I live in a musical world... preschool. So I signed up to help with preschoolers, not sure what that means since we missed the meeting because our car broke down last night. Since it was right before church, there was no time or anyone around to help us. Thankfully I was at work, not too long of a walking distance from home, and it wasn't dark yet.

No comments: