Saturday, January 24, 2009

Coupon crazy!

So today after much planning and organization yesterday we went shopping, Kroger and Corner Market.

Corner Market had Toasters Strudel 2 for 4... with a coupon for $1 off 2... $1.50 a box!

At Kroger the mix and match huge sales event is going on... buy 10 items save $5 at check out
While a good deal we couldn't afford to get the snacky stuff this time around... oh well but here was the breakdown.

Should have gotten colgate toothpaste free but the card coupon didn't work, so $1.50
Hamburger helper 3 for 5, card coupon .75 off paper coupon $1 off... 1.08 a box
Coffeemate 3.29 paper coupon for 1.00 off... large liquid coffeemate 2.29 same price or less than the small one
Green giant frozen steamed veggies 1.59 with a paper coupon of .60 also a bonus coupon of .60... $.39 after!

Some card coupons won't always work... shortcuts worked this time, but cellfire didn't. Which I have heard of problems the other way around... so you never know.
Also Kroger won't accept online printed coupons over $1 but to make up for it I'm pretty sure they double any coupons under $1

It is almost a game trying to match sales and coupons. I'm not saying these were the only things we bought, but as for coupons this is what we saved.

Easy way to organize coupons is to get a three ring binder and page protectors. I have a page protector for each category that I thought was important (snacks, meals, bread, beauty, other) as well as store only coupons such as target and Kroger card loaded. I labeled them on the side as if they were dividers (which can be seen through the other pages). This was I can keep my printed out shopping list from kroger's web site with the deals I want to check out and the circulars I pick up as I walk in to check if there is anything I missed. Today was the first day I used my note book, but I hope it continues to work.

No comments: