Thursday, January 29, 2009

Trusting God

Yesterday marks a week from my last interview, and when all was said and done I knew I didn't have a chance. So I called back the temporary job to let them know I was going to find out where the other job was at and turn it down. My plans are not their plans obviously, because the temporary job had been filled. So I had a good cry, not knowing about the other job yet. I emailed the powers that be yesterday afternoon to see where the process was and where I stood. When I woke up this morning there it was in my email, rejection number two. I have what ifed my self all morning. If I had only said something about knowing sooner in the interview. If I had only emailed earlier. Honestly the temporary position was filled on Friday, the day I still thought I had a chance at the other position. So even though I went to the office on Monday, it still would have been too late.

There is some reason God didn't allow either of these to happen. I am trusting that he is in control. While it would be nice to have two incomes, at this point, it is not necessary. We are learning about our needs and wants. There are never sure things and we always must rely and trust God to provide. He always gives us what we need, and sometimes he throws in our wants to surprise us. I think he is trying to make me more thankful for what he does give us.

I'm going to explore the talents he has given me and not take them for granted. I want to enjoy what he has allotted to me.

No comments: