Sunday, January 4, 2009

Crazy google problems

Here is my story:
A couple of days ago I felt the need to blog, I was excited about my new coffee maker, and the resolutions I am a little too ambitious about, but all in all I wanted to write about it. So I pulled up the log in page and began to type in my user name and password and the same screen came up over and over it was the log in page with my info, but it got me no where. So I tried to reset everything, simple enough I thought... so I followed the directions, and check my email. It sent me somewhere else and then told me to check an email I no longer have anymore with the fine print stating that if you no longer have access to the email address, wait a week and try again. I felt like Harriet with out her notebook! I just wanted to write, and here Google was telling me wait a week for the chance to write, if it decides it wants to work. Well, I was able to accept my fate until tonight the same thing started to happen with my gmail. My gmail that is on all of the resumes I have handed out... well that was just not going to work! So I saw a small link that said, having problems... and thought, are you mocking me? Well I clicked it anyway, because even though it is a bad time to mock, I needed access to my email. I clicked a couple of boxes and reset some stuff in firefox and there it was my gmail! Well I figured that if there was a problem on that side and it was fixed, maybe my blog would be fixed as well... so I typed in the address, went to the sign in box and waited. It was only a couple of seconds, but a lot can pass through my mind in a few seconds. I am not the technology buff in the family so I never know if I've made something better or lost a lot of important information. The screen popped up and there was my site! And for the first time I actually fixed my computer problem, I mean with help from the google troubleshooter, but still! I don't really know what I reset, so there may be problems later, but I still have my bookmarks so I don't have to hunt down my fav blogs again so for now all is well.

Seeing that it is late the coffee maker and resolutions will have to wait. Tomorrow is another day of job hunting, so I must sleep.

No comments: